It is our firm intention to enforce appropriate measures to control and monitor Health & Safety procedures as a vital part of running Iron Crest Protection Ltd, hereinafter called “The Company” as an efficient and successful operation.
Therefore, so as far as is reasonably practicable, The Company
- Ensures that equipment and working practices are safe and offer no hazard and risk to Health & Safety.
- Provides such information, instruction, training, and supervision as is necessary to ensure the Health & Safety at work of all Staff & Security Operators.
- Maintains all places of work, work equipment and transport under its control in a safe condition, free from risk to Health & Safety.
- Provides adequate facilities for the welfare of all Staff & Security Operators.
- Safeguards the Health & Safety of Clients, Visitors, Staff, Security Operators and members of the general public who could be affected by its activities.
- Provides all necessary information relating to Health & Safety in respect of procedures and services and, where necessary, consults with Staff & Security Operators.
- Ensures that all Staff & Security Operators are mindful of their Health & Safety responsibilities and co-operate with Management in its efforts to fulfil the above policy.
- Ensures the policy is monitored in the workplace.
Statement of Intent
The following policy statement on Health & Safety fulfils the requirement of section 2(3) of the Health & Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974, and succeeds completely all previous policies or statements.
The Managing Director considers the Health & Safety of all Staff & Security Operators, Clients and the Customers to be of great importance.
The Managing Director therefore, through its Managers and Supervisors at all levels has a responsibility to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable within the meaning of the act, the Health & Safety of all its Staff & Security Operators, whilst at work, members of the public whilst on its Site/Premises and other Venues to which it is assigned.
In accepting responsibility The Company will, so far as reasonably practicable, extend that duty in relation to:
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the Health & Safety at work of all its Staff & Security Operators.
- So far as reasonably practicable as regards any place of work under The Company’s control, the maintenance of it in a condition that is safe and without risks to health and the provision and maintenance of means of access to and egress from it that are safe and without such risks.
- The provision and maintenance of a working environment for its Staff & Security Operators that is, as far as reasonably practicable, safe, without risks to health, and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
- The provision of Risk Assessments with reviews as far as reasonably practicable.
Safety/Responsibilities & Duties
The levels of responsibility and authority for Health & Safety within The Company will be determined as follows:
- Overall responsibility for Health & Safety at work will rest with The Managing Director.
- The Managing Director is committed to involving Staff & Security Operators at all levels in the maintenance of Health & Safety standards and to provide them with adequate information, instruction and training.
- At department level, the responsibility will be given to Team Leaders/Supervisor or Managers for the implementation of this policy within their own area and to bring it to the attention of Staff & Security Operators.
- Ensure all new Staff & Security Operators are properly inducted into the organization, which will include an awareness of all precautions and procedures applicable to the job, and the Emergency Procedures.
- Ensure that all Staff & Security Operators are aware of the location of all Firefighting equipment and Alarm Call Points and Muster Points at their particular location and their operation.
- Ensuring that any responsibilities delegated to Staff & Security Operators is clearly identified.
- Make sure that access to the Site/Premises by Customers or other members of the general public is strictly limited to safe areas.
Staff & Security Operators Responsibilities
- It is the responsibility of all Staff & Security Operators to take reasonable care of their own Health & Safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Staff & Security Operators must co-operate with others in The Company to fulfil our statutory duties.
- Staff & Security Operators must not interfere with, misuse or wilfully damage, anything provided in the interest of Health & Safety.
- All Staff & Security Operators must use the safety equipment or clothing in a proper manner and for the purpose intended.
- All Staff & Security Operators must work in accordance with any Health & Safety instruction or training that has been given.
- No Staff or Security Operators may undertake any task for which they have not been authorized for and for which they are not adequately trained.
- All Staff & Security Operators are required to bring to the attention of a responsible person any perceived shortcoming in the safety arrangements.
- All Staff & Security Operators have a duty to familiarize themselves with this policy.
To Ensure That This Policy Is Effective The Company Will:
- Carry out regular reviews of this policy to ensure that these standards of Health & Safety are maintained.
- Review it annually, or on any significant changes in The Business.
- Make any such changes known to all Staff & Security Operators.
- Maintain procedures for communication and consultation between all levels of Staff & Security Operators on matters of health, safety and welfare.
All Staff & Security Operators working for The Company are required to comply with the appropriate rules and regulations governing their work activities.